Monday, June 22, 2015

June 13 Rugby time (Day 2)


Today feels like the 4th day but it is only the second.  We went to a local rugby game.  When we got there the kids were so excited to get their pictures taken.  They really like whipping out peace signs. After the rugby game we bought sulus for the village. We then headed to the waterfalls. On the way there we saw where the 1980 Blue Lagoon movie was filmed. Since it was raining the whole day there were flash flood warnings so we could not go to the waterfall after all.  Once we got back to Tovutovu we met in the dining room.  I had to get my camera so I ran down the steep sidewalk from the dining room and totally slipped and belly flopped onto the pavement.  My hands and both of my thighs were scraped up and I started to bleed everywhere, so I had to clean up my cuts in my room. We went to a different hotel for dinner in the evening.  Dinner was so awesome! The lemon tasting fish we had was so good.  We even got dessert which was also amazing.  This was the first time we tried kava.  It tastes like dirt.  I drank a lot of kava because I could not taste it after a while because my mouth was numb. Chase and Bora also had a lot more kava than everyone else too.  I had some low tides, high tides, and tsunamis.  These are the different sizes you pick to drink.  Soon people started calling me the “Kava Queen” which was funny.  Some local guys played songs throughout dinner.  The local fijian guys played a new version of the saints marching in song.  It was so funny.  Also at the dinner table Alex Long told us that he could play the harmonica and randomly whipped it out.  He played Hey Jude on it.  He also said he could beatbox on it.  When Brett was showing us some of his pictures Ms. Simon thought a local in a photo was crushing chicken instead of kava….that was freaking hilarious. Later after dinner we went to bed. 
sitting by both Alexs on the way to the rugby game ( Alex squared)


A netball action shot I took 

A picture I took of the fijian guy that told us about the flash flood warnings
Some net ball players and I. Photo creds to Meghan Pisters

Lucy, Meghan, and I with some fijian kids on the beach at the rugby game

No comments:

Post a Comment